Sunday, January 16, 2011

Let it snow







As a native Californian, one of the most fascinating things to experience in New York for the first time is snow. It is still something rare to me and I find it surprising every time. After the last snow falls, the entire city is at a stand-still and becomes a beautiful solid blanket of white. It's quite remarkable. The day of the so-called snow storm I stood in bed watching the news; hoping it would be a snow day off. But when I looked through the window, the streets have been plowed and already cleaned! I reluctantly dragged myself to work... and took the day off from the gym (lol).

Traducción:
Como buena nativa de California, una de de las cosas mas fascinantes que se experimentan en New York por primera vez es nieve. Es algo que me parece aun raro y me sigue sorprendiendo cada vez. Una vez que nieve deja de caer, la ciudad entera se detiene cubierta bajo una manta blanca. Es algo difícil de olvidar. El día de la "tormenta" me quede en cama mirando las noticias; esperando que fuera día libre. Pero cuando mire por la ventana, las calles ya habían sido limpiadas!  Me arrastre al trabajo... y me tome el día libre del gym (jojo)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading!