Monday, January 17, 2011

While you play in the snow, I play in the sun.







Sunglasses Lanvin for H&M, T-shirt Lanvin for H&M, Skirt made by me, Anne Klein thighs, Michael Kors Hamilton bag.

It was the monday after Christmas. I was in L.A. for a couple of days with some friends; while having breakfast on a pretty sunny day of 80 something degrees, NYC was buried under snow, literally. I realized then, how much I missed the previous apartment. How did I exchange a luxury condo with doorman, pool, balcony (with a nice view) for the shoebox where I live now, where I can't even fit my clothes and a window that overlooks the wall!
Sacrifices must be made, everyones quote lately, and I'm sure I am not the only one in this situation so if you REALLY want something, you better be ready for the road, because this is a long journey. . Do no let anyone tell you what you can and cannot do, and most important do no underestimate yourself.. 

Yes, the first picture, my attempt was to erase that family from the background, but I ending up liking it that way :)

Traducción:
Era lunes después de Navidad. Me encontraba en L.A. por algunos días con unos amigos; mientras nosotros desayunábamos en un hermoso día de 80 y tantos grados, NYC se encontraba enterrado bajo la nieve, literalmente. Fue cuando me di cuenta, en cuanto extrañaba mi apartamento anterior. Como intercambie un apartamento de lujo con personal de seguridad en la puerta, alberca, balcón (con vista bonita) por la caja de zapatos donde vivo ahora, donde no cabe nisiquiera mi ropa y una ventana con vista a la pared!
Tienes que hacer el sacrificio, lo que dice todo mundo ultimamente, y yo se que no soy  la unica en esta situacion, asi que si de VERDAD quieres algo, preparate para el camino, por que el recorrido es largo. . No dejes que nadie te diga lo que puedes hacer y lo que no, y lo mas importante no te subestimes..

Amm si, en la primera foto mi intento era borrar a la familia de atras, pero termino por gustarme así :)

Photos by Frank Jaquez

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading!